Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] having trubl with audio

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] having trubl with audio
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 09:09:57 -0400

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Salvatore Micheal <address@hidden> wrote:
> i get a waterfall with two different devices easily
>
> dongle and ensemble ii both work with GRC
>
> the problem i'm having is audio .. i can't get an audio sink to work
> producing live/actual audio on my ubuntu notebook
>
> the hardware i'm using is an acer aspire s3 intel core i3 notebook
>
> if anybody knows how to configure GRC to mesh with aspire notebooks, plz let
> me know, sam/kg4g-go

It can be helpful to know what you've tried. Usually, this is a matter
of selecting the right "Devince Name." If you are just using ALSA,
then you can try "hw:0,0" or "plughw:0,0". If you are running
pulseaudio (which you likely are as it should be the default in
Ubuntu), you can try using "pulse" as the device name.

See this page for more:
http://jenkins.gnuradio.org/manual/doxygen/classgr_1_1audio_1_1sink.html

--
Tom