Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bladeRF - gr-osmosdr - gqrx - bandwidth?

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bladeRF - gr-osmosdr - gqrx - bandwidth?
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 10:21:21 +0200

Hi,

> I played a bit more, and I found that checking the iq balance option makes
> things worse, not better. Maybe the real huge center DC peak is too much?

The blind IQ estimation doesn't always works, there is no "magic" solution.

One of the case where it fails is if you're tuned to the center of a
wideband signal ...
It's really more meant if you have narrow band signals to the left or
right of center (or both), but not with one big signal in the center.

Cheers,

   Sylvain