Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Summary of desires for GRC, just discuss on the #

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Summary of desires for GRC, just discuss on the #ghuradio channel
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 16:06:59 -0400

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Marcus Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
> Just a quick summary of the "things people would like" to see in GRC:
>
>    o off-page connectors -- for managing large flow-graphs

This would just enable Balint's addiction.

>    o better-handling of GRC-produced hier-blocks
>    o allow blocks to be in more than one category

This is already possible. Like the "Message Debug" block is in both
"Debug Tools" and "Message Tools".

>    o make searching "easier"
>    o integrate Doxygen block documentation better

This was one of the GSoC projects.

>    o provide a safe method for blocks object handle to be passed into
> "helper code"
>    o some kind of "organizer" for parameters and variables
>    o A way to make "Note" blocks larger and maybe multi-line

Aside from that, these are all good suggestions. There will be some
work on GRC at the hackfest on Friday. Hopefully this will all get
recorded and we can make this a sustained effort.

Thanks,

Tom