Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Chirp Sounder version 1.23

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Chirp Sounder version 1.23
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 17:09:08 +0000 (UTC)

Cool.

Any volunteers to convert gr-ra_blocks to 3.7 for me?    [Crickets...]

on Oct 11, 2013, Juha Vierinen <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

My gnuradio hackfest project was to migrate code to 3.7. With the help of a lot of the other more programming savvy participants, I managed to migrate everything fairly cleanly. As a byproduct of this, my chirp sounder receiver code now works with gnuradio 3.7 too! I did a lot of cleanup and removed the dependency on GNU R. I also added a new feature that allows you to filter out HF broadcast band interference before chirp downconversion.

I wrote a small posting about the release here (with a nice video using the new HF broadcast band filtering):
http://kaira.sgo.fi/

And the new version of the code can be found here:
http://www.sgo.fi/~j/gnu_chirp_sounder/

You should be able to get this working if you have a N200 series device, a GPSDO, and a broad band HF antenna (it doesn't have to be excellent).

juha