Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sending file through tx_ofdm.grc in gnuradio 3.7.

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sending file through tx_ofdm.grc in gnuradio 3.7.1
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 19:05:08 +0200

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 10:06:57PM +0800, ashish mishra wrote:
>  I want to transmit a file through tx_ofdm.grc model and receive it in using
> rx_ofdm.grc. Presently this simulation takes in a vector source of packet
> length as input and it creates tags for it.
>
> I am able to receive these vectors correctly using rx_ofdm.grc

Hi Ashish,

and first of all, thanks for testing the OFDM codes.

> Now I want to send file as data but I dont find any block which adds tags to
> file.
>

> Alternately, can someone suggest the method of converting the file content
> into
> vectors of packet length configurable by the user so that it can be entered
> into the vector source.

There's no simple way to do this, which I believe is an omission. I've
created http://gnuradio.org/redmine/issues/603 and will add a block
soon.

Until then, you'll have to load the block into an array, split that into
manageable chunks and pass all of them as tagged streams to the
vector_source (in Python land).

Cheers,
MB

--