Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-fosphor : New RTSA-like visualization block fo

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-fosphor : New RTSA-like visualization block for GNURadio using GPU acceleration
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 22:14:20 +0100

Hi,

> Actually, with the chunk size hack, the waterfall is just about OK at 192kHz
> sample rate, but it is still a little jerky.  Could we have a buffering
> option to buffer the waterfall for some time before scrolling?

That wouldn't really change anything.
The issue here is that fosphor processes things in batches. The
minimum size is 16 FFTs, which make 16 * 1024 samples.

One upcoming feature that would help here is the overlap. Basically
instead of advancing of 1024 samples in the input for each FFT, it
advances by a bit less so that each sample is processed in several
FFTs. But that's just an idea for now, no implementation ...

> I'd like to be able to use this with my KX-3 perhaps as slowly as 48kHz :)

Well fosphor was kind of designed for wideband signals :p
Anything under 1 Msps may have some issues.

Cheers,

    Sylvain