[Discuss-gnuradio] First proper build - missing blocks

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] First proper build - missing blocks
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 12:29:31 -0000

Sorry but this is a very newbie question. I tried to get GR up and running
many years ago when Fedora 8 was new! I then tried a couple of times to get
it going on windows - I got some blocks up but could not move or connect
then. I have now just installed Ubuntu 13.10 on an old laptop to have a
proper go at getting GR up and running as I now have some time to try and
play properly.

I went with the simplest looking way of doing GR3.7.1 with
$ sudo apt-get install gnuradio
but ended up with 205 warnings and a load of errors.

I tried this a couple of times with same result.

I then tried to remove as much of this as I could and went down this road
$ git clone http://git.gnuradio.org/git/gnuradio.git
$ ./build-gnuradio
And this seemed to work OK. No warnings, no errors.

Some time later I managed to get gnuradio-companion (can I still call it
grc?) up and running and tried to get the Dial Tone example built.

First thing - no Signal Source block. The only source blocks I have in Audio
is Audio Source and Wav File Source, no Signal Source.

I then tried to load up rtl2832-cfile.grc and ended with multiple
Other blocks not found included gr_uchar_to_float, gr_add_const_vxx,
gr_multiply_const_vxx, gr_float_to_complex stc.

These all seem like some of the really basic stuff. I have done quite a few
hours of googling with "not found in Platform" etc but have not been able to
get any further.

I realise this is not quite up the level of most posts here but I hope
someone may have seen this before and knows exactly what the problem is.

Thanks, Andy.