Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] samples _per_symbol parameter

From: Karan Talasila
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] samples _per_symbol parameter
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 16:28:11 +0530

Hi,
    Bits/symbol depends on modulation scheme that you use to transmit.  For BPSK, it is 1 bit/symbol, for QPSK it is 2 bit/symbol and for 64-QAM it is 6 bits/symbol. So you can set it according to modulation scheme you use.

Samples/symbol is normally default set to 2. I am not aware in gnuradio but in certain other implementations samples/symbol is kept greater than 2, say 4 or 8 to account for pulse shaping.