Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QAM Modulation-Demodulation in Loopback

From: Kartik Seth
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QAM Modulation-Demodulation in Loopback
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 16:16:16 +0530

I had already done simulation for PSK as well as QAM in GNURadio and everything worked fine, even after using Channel Model block in between.

When using with bladeRF in loopback the issues with 8PSK and QAM are coming. I can see the constellation in scope sink(if that gives any insight) but nothing is demodulated correctly. Moreover, once in a while data is demodulated(after many executions of same flowgraph).

So  either there are some issues with Demod blocks or with the hardware (assuming flowgraph is correct).

Has anyone tried this before and can confirm that this works?
It would be helpful if someone can try this on their end and provide feedback.

Please correct me if I am wrong or anybody has some better explanation.

Kartik