Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BER AWGN example - question

From: bieniu
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BER AWGN example - question
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 03:10:49 -0800 (PST)

Martin Braun (CEL) wrote
> Given an E_b of 1, what is the noise *voltage* (i.e. the expected
> amplitude of the AWGN process) that will cause an E_b / N_0 of x, if E_b
> / N_0 is given in dB?
> If you take pencil and paper, and solve for the noise voltage, you'll
> get this equation.

Thank you very much for your reply. I am capable of simple converting value
in [dB] to the one in [W/W] but I don't know why there are the
number_of_bits_per_symbol parameter and the '2' constant in the equation.
It's probably trivial but I would really appreciate your help on this.

Best Regards,
Piotr Bieńkowski