[Discuss-gnuradio] Bit error rate test

From: Henry Jin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bit error rate test
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 16:15:11 -0700

Hi

I tried to use digital_bert_tx.py and digital_bert_rx.py to test the BER performance of different modulations. The command I use is ./digital_bert_tx.py --tx-freq=5.1e9 --tx-gain=30 -S 8 --mod-code=gray -m bpsk. The results for BPSK is good enough. When SNR is above 20, the BER is around 10^(-11). However, when I change the modulation to QPSK, the BER is only around 0.167 although it says SNR is still around 20. Surely there is something wrong. 16QAM has the same problem. Just wonder if anyone has the same experience before. Am I missing something in order to correctly use the test script?

Thanks
Henry