[Discuss-gnuradio] UHD and libusrp driver writing for RFX dpughterboards

From: Robert Light
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD and libusrp driver writing for RFX dpughterboards, RFX1900
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 20:51:26 +0100 (CET)

Hi, I have an RFX1800 board with modifications allowing it to work in 900MHz and 1800MHz band.
What I find annoying is that if I want to use it in both bands, each time I have to reprogram EEPROM.
Life would be a lot easier if I had one driver that tunes the board in the whole freq range 750-2100MHz.
I  am aware of the fact that there has to be a gap between 1050-1500MHz, but what I really is to get rid of the EEPROM re-programming
every time I want to use the div/2 bit.
This would also be a good exercise for me on how to write a driver for a doughterboard.
Can someone guide me which files I have to modify to have a "new" doughterboard driver using RFX1800 covering both high and low bands?
I am interested in modifying old libusrp and new UHD drivers.