[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-lte updated to GNU Radio 3.7 API

From: Johannes Demel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-lte updated to GNU Radio 3.7 API
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 15:34:21 -0800

Hello GNU Radio enthusiasts,

some time after the GNU Radio 3.7 release I started to move the code for
'gr-lte' to the new API. Besides moving it to the new API, I wanted to
clean up code and rework a lot of tests. Thus, the whole transition took
a lot of time and work.
Now, all current blocks are moved to the GNU Radio 3.7 API with lots of
enhancements. e.g. I tried to remove all hierarchical python blocks and
created them as GRC hier blocks instead. Or runtime status events, like
cell_id extraction, are all propagated through message ports now.
Also, there is a PyBOMBS recipe now to ease the installation process.

I hope 'gr-lte' can be useful for others.

Source code is available at https://github.com/kit-cel/gr-lte

Happy hacking
Johannes