Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Message port connections in gr-blocks/examples/ms

From: Koslowski, Sebastian (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Message port connections in gr-blocks/examples/msg_passing
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 17:45:45 +0100

Was offline this week...

I looked at the example in gr-blocks and this is not an issue with the
way connections are displayed. Sean, you should see some error messages
in the console detailing which connections (including their blocks and
ports) could not be made. That should help to reconstruct the original
connections.

In any case, the reason for these connections not been made is change of
the way message ports are identified within GRC. Up until recently a
numeric index (same as the stream ports) was used which caused problems
with using "nports" tags. Now, the message port name is used as key
because it is more consistent with the 'connect' method calls. This is
the root cause of what your experiencing.

I am a little surprised to hear that gr-ieee802-11 files are not working
either because it was Bastian who came up with the need to change this...

Anyway, I will add a backward compatibility fix to resolve this.

Sebastian

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Sebastian Koslowski
Research Associate

Kaiserstraße 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany

Phone: +49 721 608-46275
Fax:   +49 721 608-46071
Email: address@hidden
Web:   http://www.cel.kit.edu/

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and National
Research Center of the Helmholtz Association