[Discuss-gnuradio] Process a vector of samples while flowgraph is runnin

From: Germano
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Process a vector of samples while flowgraph is running
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 11:42:51 +0000

Hi,

A couple of digests ago I read about getting data from a running flowgraph using probes. I have a flowgraph that gets samples from an hardware source, filters and decimates, and then sends samples to graphical sink. The thing is, I want to be able to grab samples from the running flowgraph to make some calcs. I tried to use a probe to grab samples and a xmlrpc server to send them to another script where I have the algorithms. Everything worked as expected. When I tried to use the same logic with vectors (stream to vector -> vector probe) and pass the vector using xmlrpc, in the client side, it shows this error: xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault 1: "<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>:cannot marshal <type 'complex'> objects">

I read xmlrpc docs and eventually it doesn't support tuples or even complex values (the vector I grab from the flowgraph is a tuple of complex tuples, I guess).

Is this the correct way to grab a vector of samples from a running flowgraph to process them using another python script? Would you suggest anything different?

Regards, great job,

Germano Capela