Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] IQ changing with restart

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] IQ changing with restart
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 15:19:04 +0100

Hi,

> I've done my homework on this one, crawled through the web & talked to
> colleagues. If I am missing something obvious please point it out - it's not
> for lack of effort on my part!

I'm not really sure what you're expecting. Of course the phase
alignement between the Tx and Rx is going to be random depending on
restart.

Using the same clock will prevent it from drifting, but the initial
phase alignement is random. This is usually resolved by using training
sequence, headers, differential encoding, ...

Cheers,

    Sylvain