Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Video Streaming

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Video Streaming
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 11:01:26 +0100

Hi Syed,

from my perspective, the only way packets could get lost in your scenario 2 is
when your operating system's network stack decides to drop packets, which
should only happen if there is a big backlog of unread ones.
Try replacing the UDP sink by a file sink and see if that content is complete.

Anyway, you mention "quality is somehow not good"; I'm not quite sure what to
make out of this.
Usually, when you lose packets in an MPEG stream you lose frames or get visual
garbage in some quadratic areas of the picture; is that the case?
If you use ncat to save the received stream instead of mplayer to play it, how
much smaller is the received file?

Greetings,
Marcus