Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HRPT receiver

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HRPT receiver
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 09:58:02 +0100

Hi Pablo,

Googling "Noaa image format" instantly yielded:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:NOAA_APT_Frame_Format.gif
http://www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/hrptformat.html

It's already been done a few times - for example like this (really just googling "GNU Radio NOAA image decode" and clicking the first thing away...)
http://www.oz9aec.net/index.php/gnu-radio/gnu-radio-blog/350-noaa-weather-satellite-reception-with-gnu-radio-and-usrp
but here, Alexandru Csete used a GNU Radio-Based flowgraph just to record the received signal to a Wav file and process it via atpdec
http://atpdec.sourceforge.net/
and, honestly, how cool would it be if you wrote a small piece of GNU Radio software that had a signal sink, which used the atpdec code and displayed images in a window? (Hint: awesome).

So:
Happy Hacking,
Marcus