Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HRPT receiver

From: Patrik Tast
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] HRPT receiver
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 11:04:04 +0200

Hi Pablo,

We are receiving 24/7 HRPT sample images
http://www.poes-weather.com/sample-hrpt.html

Dish: 1.5 m (parabolic)
Elevation over Azimuth rotor, made in FI POES-Weather Ltd
Downconverter LO 1557 MHz (or why not use DBSRX and a 1.7 GHz LNA + some
filter if needed)
USRP1 + TVRX (or 2) or an USB SDR dongle.

GR HRPT RX software that can be found in examples.
An enhanced version can be found here https://github.com/poes-weather
(gr-poes-weather), it is NOT compatible with the latest GR...but should
not be that tricky to update.

Youtube, testing the proto-rotor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYRSgOsDyrU

Patrik