Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC2014 Turbo Equalizer

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC2014 Turbo Equalizer
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 13:35:39 -0500

I know I could look to Google / do an internet search, but maybe asking here
would be better.    What is/are the -seminal- paper/s on "parallel log-map-siso
decoding"?

I implemented the non-parallel version of the log-map algorithm -way- back in
2001 on whatever the portable Mac was at the time (5300ce, IIRC).  I stripped
all of the crap out, and made it -really- fast for non-parallel /
non-intrinsics / non-Altivec / non-SIMD / non-accelerated (beyond whatever the
compiler did).  I thought a lot about how to parallelize the algorithm, but
since this was for a class & all I needed was the fastest (which it was) my
thoughts ended in May with graduation.  I have no idea if I still have this
code around, but I keep up with channel coding research to some degree since
it's been an interest for years.

Hence, my question.  Thanks! - MLD