[Discuss-gnuradio] Running GNU Radio on Linux in VMware Workstation

From: Mike Harpe
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Running GNU Radio on Linux in VMware Workstation
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:08:07 -0400

I have been working for a week or so on getting GNU Radio going on a Debian Linux platform running inside a VM.

GNU Radio is compiled and runs fine. The VM sees my Funcube Pro+ dongle. Using 'plughw:0,0' got rid of the audio stuttering problem. After struggling with a couple of the demo flowgraphs I downloaded and built gqrx.

It runs. I can tune it to the local NOAA Weather Radio transmitter. I use that for testing because its very strong where I am. I have the same problem there that I have in GNU Radio: no receive audio.

Can anyone give me some advice how to proceed? To answer the one question, yes, I am pursuing building a Debian system on a flash drive that I can boot natively.

Mike Harpe, N4PLE
Sellersburg, IN, USA