Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TX characterisation of USRPN210 with SBX daughter

From: Ron Economos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TX characterisation of USRPN210 with SBX daughterboard
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 03:02:56 -0800

I took a look at the SBX schematic. The final output
uses a Mini-Circuits PHA-1+ MMIC amplifier that's
rated at +22 dBm output power at 1 dB compression.

It would seem that the gain distribution of the SBX
is arranged so that the PHA-1+ cannot be overdriven,
even at DAC full-scale and 0 dB attenuation. That is,
you cannot saturate the SBX.

So your measurements are showing that the SBX is
quite linear over it's operating range.

BTW, I'm not really familiar with the USRP (I'm a bladeRF
user), but the amplitude value in tx_waveforms is most
likely just a relative amplitude (with 1 equal to DAC
full-scale), and not an actual voltage.

Ron