[Discuss-gnuradio] How to capture video frame over the air

From: Ruecan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to capture video frame over the air
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 11:18:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hello GR,

I tried to capture some TV broadcast video frames using

rx_samples_to_file --args "addr=myusrp" --file myfile.dat --time 120 --freq
450.75e6 --rate 5e6 --gain 30

Then I tried to play back that file using :
tx_samples_from_file --args "addr=myusrp" --file=myfile --type short --rate
6.25e6 --freq 485e6 --gain 20 –repeat

However I was not able to get anything on the TV. Am I missing the center
frequency for the capture (I tried to capture WUSA-HD)

I think the TV is already tuned to listen to 485e6 but I am not sure. Am I
missing something or may be I should do automatic tuning for the TV to be
sure to listen to 485e6 Hz.

Regards,
Ruecan