Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help with video link

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help with video link
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 20:36:51 +0100

Hi Alexander,

The de-facto standard way for sending video over the air (assuming you
can't use wifi-like links) is to encapsulate all video and audio into
a single, constant bitrate MPEG transport stream (aka. MPEG-TS). It's
a packetized format designed specifically for transmission over lossy
channels. MPEG-TS is used for DVB-T, DVB-S and probably also ATSC.

If you just want something quick & dirty you can try:
http://www.irrational.net/2014/03/02/digital-atv/

Alex