Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New GRC behavior request for comment

From: Ed Criscuolo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New GRC behavior request for comment
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 16:13:00 -0400

On 4/10/14 3:55 PM, Tom Rondeau wrote:
I personally like this new method a lot. The downside is that if you
aren't paying attention, you might enter the wrong thing and hit ok or
enter only to find out then that you made an error and will have to
reopen the properties box to fix it.

In general, I like it too, but I see your point about "not paying
attention", as I'm a "hunt n peck" two-finger typist, and am
often looking down at the keyboard instead of at the screen.

How hard would it be to pop up a bother box if you attempt
to enter with outstanding parameter error(s).  Give you
a chance to confirm or cancel the enter, because you may want to
deliberately enter something that's wrong now but will be
fixed later (for instance a variable name that you haven't
created yet).