[Discuss-gnuradio] using uhd_fft with USRP1

From: Don Latham
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] using uhd_fft with USRP1
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 13:58:40 -0600

Ok, I got the address correct, I know the usrp and daughtercard are there. I
can't get the simplest uhd_fft to run from GRC.  I get the following message
on trying to execute, Generating the graph works.

-- Opening a USRP1 device...
-- Using FPGA clock rate of 64.000000MHz...
Using Volk machine: avx_64_mmx_orc
thread[thread-per-block[0]: <block gr uhd usrp source (1)>]: LookupError:
KeyError: Cannot find an item size:

The error output, as usual, has no meaning for me, entirely arcane.  I'm
running Ubunu 12.04.4 64 bit and gnuradio installed without a burp. Actually,
the error message looks like something to do with multithreading. I tried the
archives, no help.

uhd_usrp_probe says the usrp1 is there and reports the daughterboards that are
really there.
so, need an interpreter, please.
Thanks, Don

--
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who
have not got it."

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLC
17850 Six Mile Road