Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Socket PDU

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Socket PDU
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 10:06:20 -0400

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Sara Chérif <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello ,
I have 2 questions, please:
1- If I put a vector source as input or file source & I choose " No repeat" for the input , I find that no output is written in file sink ! why ?

You could try this in unbuffered mode. I just tried it with the items in the vector source and it worked fine in both buffered and unbuffered, but unbuffered mode might help here.

2- I want to receive real time voice packets from an application running on another lap which is connected to the second lap (which has GNU Radio.) using Ethernet Cable.
First : I found a block " socket PDU" in GNU Radio , if I used it , Do I need to write the code of socket (client & server) ?
Second : I write IP of 1st lap & the port number used by the application in the UDP Third  : I connected 3 blocks : " UDP source " then "socket PDU " then "PDU to stream tagged" , I don't know why I have an error in the connection of UDP source & socket PDU ! Please tell me what is the problem ?(as the arrow is red)
Thanks :)

Only like signals can connect to each other. You'll notice different colors of the ports. That's because the UDP source and Socket PDU use two completely different types of data connections. See "Help->Types" in GRC and notice that the Socket PDU uses async messages, which you cannot connect to a data stream like the UDP source.

Read this for an intro to the message passing system:

http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_msg_passing.html

Tom