Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Frequency Counter‏

From: Activecat
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Frequency Counter‏
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 15:31:56 +0800

First of all, please stay on the list.
Refer inline reply below.

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 11:12 PM, jimsiaf91 [via GnuRadio] <address@hidden> wrote:
Well,
I tried it with my usrp N210. The first time it showed something on the Scope sink. After that it did not.

Your setup could be wrong.

Only when I run first the flowgraph_6.grc then the 5th ( the one with the USRP source) showed something. I do not understand why this is happening.

I see no correlation on this.

Besides that, I tried to measure at 2Ghz with and external frequency generator (sin) and also attached a number sink after the block you wrote. The number sink did not show 2Ghz (in units), instead jittered at about 1000 units.

If the Sample Rate (samp_rate) of the UHD (USRP) source is only 100kHz, it cannot measure 2GHz external frequency.
Refer Nyquist sampling theory.