Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] getting noise for FM receiver with u

From: Wafa Elhajhmida
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] getting noise for FM receiver with usrp e110 ?
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 11:18:49 +0200

Thanks a lot for your reply.

In fact, in order to respect the band range frequency of the SBX daughterboard Rev 5.1.

I sent an FM signal from a signal generator called NI PXIe-5673 described in this link:

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/205593. The signal that I generated, it is a sinus and has 900 MHz frequency.
So that I created my proper FM station on 900 MHz  to respect  the band range frequency allowed by SBX daughterboard Rev 5.1.

In order to receive the signal generated by usrp e110, I implemented an FM receiver flow graph on usrp e110 which is attached below and I used an VERT900 Antenna, described in this link:   https://www.ettus.com/product/details/VERT900  .
But I still have noise generated by usrp e110.

Have you an idea if there is a non suitable parameter on the flow graph ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Wafa HAJ HMIDA
The SBX has a frequency range of 400MHz to 4.4GHZ which is why you cannot tune to broadcast FM stations between 88-108MHz:

https://www.ettus.com/product/details/SBX

Mike

--
Mike Jameson M0MIK BSc MIET