Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Phase measurement with Ettus Research N210

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Phase measurement with Ettus Research N210
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 10:39:14 +0200

On 18/06/2014 01:25, Stephen Harrison wrote:
> There is a good treatment of errors in the CORDIC algorithm due to
> finite word length in this paper from IEEE transactions: The
> Quantization Effects of the CORDIC Algorithm (Yu Hen Hu, Senior Member,
> IEEE). I reproduced the results of section IV fairly easily a while ago.
> There are numerical errors in both amplitude and phase but you are
> right, this is not the cause of the frequency offset you observe.

Just for the sake of academic discussion (and without having read the
paper): any amplitude error can be seen as a phase error, however in
this specific case I would expect those to have the same periodicity of
the generate sine wave. Therefore they cannot account for a frequency
error. Am I wrong?

Cheers,
Daniele