[Discuss-gnuradio] testing block written in block

From: sreena p h
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] testing block written in block
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 16:57:22 +0800

Hi

I'm new to GNU radio and is trying to develop my own block. I want to develop a block that intake a vector and out put sum of the vector elements. I used the out of tree module and followed tutorial using python code. How should be the arguments of blocks.vector_source_f to be given if i am inputting vector stream of four integers is used. the python code and test file is given below.

Code:

 def __init__(self, in_arg):
        gr.sync_block.__init__(self,
            name="sream_ff",
            in_sig=[(numpy.float32, 4)],
            out_sig=[numpy.float32])
    def work(self, input_items, output_items):
        in0 = input_items[0]
        out = output_items[0]
        # <+signal processing here+>
        out[:] = sum(in0)*in_arg
        return len(output_items[0])

Test code:

def test_001_t (self):
        src_data = (([1,1,1,1],4), ([1,2,3,4],4))
        expected_result = (8, 20)
        src = "">
        fxn = sream_ff(2)
        snk = blocks.vector_sink_f()
        # set up fg
        self.tb.connect(src, fxn)
        self.tb.connect(fxn, snk)
        self.tb.run ()
        # check data
        result_data = snk.data ()
        self.assertFloatTuplesAlmostEqual (expected_result, result_data, 6)