Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with firdes segfault

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with firdes segfault
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 09:28:55 -0400

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 7:59 AM, Bill Dailey <address@hidden> wrote:

I had gnuradio working on my ubuntu system and was hoping I wouldnt have to clutter with something like this.  I have reinstalled a couple of times and am geting this odd error.

when I run my test block I get this:
Executing: "/home/willy/top_block.py"

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/willy/top_block.py", line 13, in <module>
    from gnuradio.filter import firdes
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/filter/__init__.py", line 32, in <module>
    from filter_swig import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/filter/filter_swig.py", line 28, in <module>
    _filter_swig = swig_import_helper()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/filter/filter_swig.py", line 24, in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_filter_swig', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-filter-3.7.4git.so.0.0.0: undefined symbol: volk_malloc

SO I go to a python prompt:

>>> from gnuradio.filter import firdes
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I have never see this before.

I had a working install before installing qt5 and qt creator... this seemed to have broken something.  I havent gone back and completely undone that but I will this evening if someone doesnt save me.

Hardware is netsdr but it doesnt look like it gets near the hardware.
--
Doc

Bill Dailey
KXØO

volk_malloc was introduced in 3.7.3 and is now relied upon by many GNU Radio blocks and functions. What you're seeing here suggests that you have multiple versions of GNU Radio installed and are linking against the wrong version somewhere. Make sure you only have one version of the library installed. Probably just clean up any installed libraries, header files, and Python files and re-install. Using apt-get install gnuradio will get you a working version.

Tom