[Discuss-gnuradio] Regarding Filtering Aliasing in USRP B210

From: Matias
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Regarding Filtering Aliasing in USRP B210
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 13:07:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

We are generating a single tone at 875MHz and we are able to see it using
the USRP and Gnuradio while sampling at 16MHz. However, when tuning to
860MHz we see an alias tone near 859MHz; something similar occurs when we
tune to 890MHz, we see an alias tone near 905MHz.

We tried to get rid of the aliasing by using a band-pass filter with the
following parameters:

     -Sample Rate: 16MHz
     -Low Cutoff Freq: 856MHz
     -High Cutoff Freq: 864MHz
     -Transition Bandwidth: 1MHz

But we obtained this error: "IndexError: gr_firdes check failed: 0 < fa <=
sampling_freq / 2". We later found that lowering the low cutoff frequency
to 1MHz and the high cutoff frequency to 8MHz (<= sampling_freq / 2), the
program checks pass but the GUI scope will not show any output. Are we using
this correctly? Is there perhaps a better way to get rid of the aliasing?

Thanks,
Matias Ponce
CellAntenna Engineer
CellAntenna Corporation