Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] Co-Processors Update #9

From: Alfredo Muniz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] Co-Processors Update #9
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 12:00:38 -0700

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Tom Tsou <address@hidden> wrote:
The typical use case for the TCP is variable length packets up to a
fixed maximum (6144 bits for LTE). Message passing is inherently a
better fit and the double-mapped buffer probably shouldn't apply.

This is a good point. How would this system deal with variable length packets? The problem I have with message passing is that it becomes too device specific and has additional latencies and limits on how much data can be passed through the message queue.