Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Locking TopBlock stops WavFile-Sink

From: Luke Berndt
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Locking TopBlock stops WavFile-Sink
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 21:50:16 -0500

Yes, a lock/unlock event affects the whole flowgraph, by necessity.

Reconfiguring flowgraphs should be considered a very big hammer, often
used in cases that can be solved some less invasive way.

Just in case anyone is looking for a less invasive way to dynamically configure a graph…

I just tried out Copy block and it seems to be a great way to turn on and off segments of a flow graph. I was locking & unlocking a graph to remove and add blocks.

This seems more elegant and prevents any problems with the WavFile-Sink.

http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr_1_1blocks_1_1copy.html