Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP B200 host BW with USB 3.0/2.0

From: Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP B200 host BW with USB 3.0/2.0
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 07:55:24 +0100

To be honest, I have no idea J However I did not yet test this with the B210, as now USB3 works flawless. In the beginning the BladeRF was not compatible with my USB3 setup for whatever reason, so I had to stay with USB2 for a while until those issues were sorted out both in BladeRF software and VMware.

Let’s see…FPGA loading really takes a while through a USB2 cable…HDSDR is starting…master_clock_rate=56e6…

Tadaaa – here we go: http://dk5ras.dyndns.org/screenshots/B210_USB2.png with an USB 2 cable on an USB2 port.

And in comparison http://dk5ras.dyndns.org/screenshots/B210_USB3.png with an USB3 cable on an USB3 port of the same PC.

Same portion of the spectrum, same receiver location (just with a short wideband Delock 88451 antenna, sitting on my table), similar picture…

Ralph.