Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Splitting a vector at the output of the FFT

From: Alejandro Pascual Laguna
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Splitting a vector at the output of the FFT
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 23:02:47 +0100

Thanks for the quick reply!

When I said splitting in the GUI I meant using the flowgraph (instead of digging into the code) not using the sink FFT. As you say, I am using the standalone block for the FFT and I want to split its output. Is there any block to do so or any kind of snippet of code to add in the fields of the parameters of the subsequent blocks?

Regarding the FFT output now it is much more clear having the actual implementation info. However, prior to this conversation I remember I used at the output of the FFT block a vector sink and, interestingly enough, I saw for a constant source a bin in the middle of the plot (at index fftSize/2) and when using a cosine with a certain frequency, the spectrum shifted right but nothing showed up in the "negative" frequencies. I'll take a look at it again.

Again, thank you for your time.

Regards,
Alejandro