[Discuss-gnuradio] Changing Existing Custom Blocks Argument List

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Changing Existing Custom Blocks Argument List
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 14:28:21 -0700

Hello all,

I created a C++ block using gr_modtool in which I declared one variable in the argument list initially. I now want to update this block to take more arguments. What is the recommended way of going about this?

My current flow in this situation is to start over. Make a new block with gr_modtool and copy paste the existing code into the new block files with updates to the arguments. This is error prone.

How do you experienced developers handle this?

v/r,
Rich