Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No scope with gr?

From: Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] No scope with gr?
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 12:01:05 +0200

Hi,

> Hi Ralph,

> I see... Hm. The point is that most of us is not really deep into the WX
code
> base, and GNU Radio is planning to move away from WX to QT, and since I
> can't reproduce the problem locally, it's going to be very hard to get you
> running. It really *is* an odd failure if only the scope is failing.

So I will have a look at the qt stuff and simply forget about wx. To by
honest, I never bothered what kind of GUI I am using, but when qt GUI offers
the same functionality, so why stay with wx?!

> Generally, if your application is "simple enough" to just switch Generate
> Options from "WX" to "Qt" and replace a few GUI elements, then I'd
> recommend using Qt; it's more modern, and it will stick around longer.
Most
> features can be configured even at runtime using "middle-click" on the
> visualization.

Yep, it is all quite simple stuff, nothing special. The scope I even do not
really need most of the time, just the waterfall is nice to have.

> Greetings,
> Marcus

Ralph.