[Discuss-gnuradio] Buffer Overflow Debug

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Buffer Overflow Debug
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 15:26:14 -0700

Hi all,

I'm working on an incredibly annoying issue related to my use of the Header/Payload Demux (HPD) block. I think it's related to a buffer overflow at some point, but I'm having a really hard time coming up with a proper debug strategy to nail this down.

What I'm seeing is my data streams freeze after the input to the HPD block, both on the header branch and the payload branch. Everything before the HPD block continues on without issue. The time it takes the streams to freeze is HIGHLY variable. I've watched it run for 30 minutes straight before a freeze and I've watched it freeze a few seconds after start. I'm using tags generated by the Correlation Estimator as the trigger for the HPD block.

My question is this, if I suspect a buffer overflow is causing a freeze, how would I prove this to myself?

v/r,
Rich