[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio 3.7.8 Release Candidate 1, Call For Testers

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio 3.7.8 Release Candidate 1, Call For Testers, and Live SDR Environment Snapshot Update
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 19:44:24 -0700

Feature Freeze and Release Candidate

The merge window for new features for GNU Radio 3.7.8 has closed, release candidate 3.7.8rc1 has been tagged, and only bug fixes will be accepted into the tree prior to release.  The planned release date is August 8.  If you have any pending fixes to submit, please create pull requests as soon as possible.

Tarball:

http://gnuradio.org/releases/gnuradio/gnuradio-3.7.8rc1.tar.gz

MD5:

e26d478e7ad51b7f889abb38f76d7aa1  gnuradio-3.7.8rc1.tar.gz

Call For Testers

If you have installed GNU Radio via git but don't routinely upgrade your GNU Radio installation, now is an opportunity to do so and test out what will eventually be released as 3.7.8.  Please remember to execute git pull --recurse-submodules in order to get the latest VOLK updates as well.

Since we lack automated tests for the GNU Radio Companion, we're asking people to emphasize testing your existing GRC applications for proper operation.

Live SDR Environment

We have updated the snapshot release of the GNU Radio Live SDR Environment image.  In addition to having the release candidate version of GNU Radio, there are new software releases for hardware support from Ettus Research (UHD 3.8.5), Nuand (2015.07), GreatScottGadgets (v2015.07.2), and Analog Devices (libiio/gr-iio v0.5).  Many of the third-party GNU Radio-based libraries and application software have been updated as well.

Please see http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GNURadioLiveDVD for details about how to obtain and use the Live SDR Environment.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Labs - SDR Training and Development Services