[Discuss-gnuradio] First Post - Question - GRC Repeat Block

From: Kevin McQuiggin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] First Post - Question - GRC Repeat Block
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 20:26:16 -0700

Hi All:

I would like to use a repeat block to stretch the duration of vectored input dynamically.  For example, (0,1,0,1,…) input should become (0,0,0,1,1,1,0,0,0,…), the repeat count under control of a variable.  In this example the Interpolation parameter would be 3.

I observe that the “Interpolation” value in the Repeat block appears to be set initially, but does not respond to dynamic changes.  Here is a minimalist flowgraph that shows this behaviour:

I would like to be able to use the QT GUI Chooser to select other vales for variable “test1” and have this dynamically adjust the Repeat block “Interpolation” value.  This doesn’t work.  In the example flowgraph, “Interpolation” is initialized and remains at 2, despite selecting other values for “test1” when the flowgraph is run.

It is likely a dumb, newbie question, but how can I achieve the desired behaviour?  I have scoured the Wiki, docs, Google, etc, and having not found an answer, I thought I’d make my first post and ask.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin