[Discuss-gnuradio] Memory issues

From: Marius Cachelin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Memory issues
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 13:57:20 +0000

Hi all,

I am writing because I have some misunderstood concerning how memory is used in GNURadio.

I developed a transmitter which can be split into 5 parts :
   - MAC Encoder : read PDU data from TUNTAP
   - HEADER Prefixer : add header before each PDU Data
   - PREAMBLE prefixer : add preamble before each PDU Data
   - MODULATOR : Performing BPSK/QPSK
   - FIR Interp : Pulse shape

My question is : when I run my transmitter, I can see in HTOP that the memory (%MEM) used by my transmitter increase. The increasing is relatively slow, but the is an issue because I can't keep using my transmitter after a while.

I have checked all my blocks. All memory allocations are freed, and all my objetcs (new...) are deleted.

So, how the memory can increase if I do not allocate extra memory and free all memory?

Thanks you in advance.

--
CACHELIN Marius
Ingénieur Systèmes, Réseaux et Télécommunications