[Discuss-gnuradio] GRC FFT Plot

From: Gerome Jan L
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC FFT Plot
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 22:18:03 +0800

Hi guys,

I transmitted this -30 dB signal (Image 1) using a usrp: The spectrum analyzer displays -50 dBm (Image 2) as its reading. My receiver end picked up the signal with the same peak power at -30 dB (Image 3). I'm confused. How do I convert the dB power in the GRC to the received signal of the spectrum analyzer in dBm? How do I convert the Power (dB) of the FFT to dBW or dBm?

Best,

Gerome Jan M. Llames
Engineering Research and Development for Technology (ERDT) Scholar
University of San Carlos - Technological Campus
Nasipit Talamban, Cebu City, Philippines, 6000
Mobile: +639271525124

"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."  - Steve Jobs