[Discuss-gnuradio] Free IEEE tutorial

From: Gregory W. Ratcliff
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Free IEEE tutorial
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 16:42:39 +0000 (UTC)

Below is a free (to IEEE members) tutorial on wide bandwidth signal analysis.

Let me know If you guys consider this kind of thing spam and but me being curious always appreciate a few diversions from time to time.

We all could learn something from this I expect.

Greg

Gregory W. Ratcliff

http://event.on24.com/r.htm?e=1026616&s=1&k=64D655E7978210FA93FA3793C48A82E7

Error Vector Magnitude measurements fit for 5G

DESCRIPTION: Error vector magnitude, EVM, measurements have been the mainstay of modulation performance analysis for more than twenty years. Each new technology has defined a specific measurement to suit the characteristics of the physical layer signal. The interest in signals for 5G that are much wider bandwidth, operating at much higher frequencies means it’s time to draw a comparison between the different waveforms and the impact on the measurement of EVM. This presentation reviews what an EVM measurement is and what it can tell us about the device being measured. A combination of real life and simulated examples are used, with single and multi-carrier waveforms having bandwidths of 20 MHz – 2 GHz, to demonstrate the impact of a variety of signal impairments, including broadband noise and phase noise. The examples will show how to make measurements that give the expected, and consistent results.