[Discuss-gnuradio] Enveloping a transmit amplifier

From: devin kelly
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Enveloping a transmit amplifier
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 15:17:27 -0400

Hello,

I'm transmitting a fairly bursty, irregularly timed signal.  I attach a stream tag to the sample that has the start of the burst (tx_sob).  I also have a PA that I can turn on and off that's inbetween my USRP B210 and antenna.

I'd like to be able to turn the PA on and off synchronously, say 50 ms before tx_sob is to be transmitted.

Is there any way to do this?  I'm thinking I could add a new tag that's 50 ms before my transmission but then how would I synchronously turn on the PA?  Is there something like a callback function I can use?  Does the UHD or the UHD block have this functionality?

Thanks for any help,
Devin