Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on android

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on android
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 21:47:35 +0200

Hi Mostafa,
having read the feature sheet of QXDM, it says it can analyze the strength of specific preambles, and configure Qualcom chipsets; I really don't see how this matches up very well with what SDR is in the context of GNU Radio. It really seems more like a statistical/administration tool than a radio interface.

However, if you have experience with the protocols and interfaces that QXDM is based upon, obviously, GNU Radio can only profit from having interfaces to more hardware :) so go wild and write something that makes GNU Radio talk to Qualcomm chipsets! Be very aware, however, that Android is very strict with giving applications access to raw hardware, so this might not be something that the average user might ever run on his/her handset.

Best regards,
Marcus