[Discuss-gnuradio] AHRPT

From: Daniel Marlow
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] AHRPT
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 09:20:40 -0400

Hello,

   I have managed to get the gr-noaa modules working quite nicely on HRPT signals
from the NOAA satellites.      I have also attempted to detect strong signals from
METOP-B and METEOR-M2.    In the case of METEOR-M2, the signal looked very
much like the BPSK signal from the NOAA satellites, whereas with the METOP, the
FFT looked qualitatively different.

    Based on what I have found on the web, it does not seem like the METOP is
"open source."    But I am wondering about the METEOR-M2.   Does anyone
have (or know of) any experience decoding this AHRPT signal?    My hope is
that it can be done with a relatively small tweak of the existing gr-noaa module(s).

Sincerely,
Dan Marlow

P.S.  I attach a false color HRPT image received from NOAA 19 yesterday using usrp_rx_hrpt.py