Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gain and Sample Rate Setting

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gain and Sample Rate Setting
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 10:15:49 +0200

Hi Ben,

you will have to inspect the error, and it will tell you that the
"options" object has no attribute "lo_offset". This means that the
script tries to access member of the options variable that isn't there.
Also, this allowed me to find out which benchmark_tx (there's two in GNU
Radio) you're working with.

This is a bit strange, because the option "--lo-offset" is definitely
there, added by uhd_transmitter.add_options. Having had a look at the
file you uploaded to ruby-forum (please PLEASE don't use ruby-forum), it
is really missing these lines that add the "--lo-offset" option. These
were added in 2013. Is it possible that you use a modern
narrowband/benchmark_tx.py with a narrowband/uhd_interface.py from
before 2013?

All in all, only you have worked with your code; I think it will really
really pay if you work yourself through these errors to figure out
what's wrong -- if you didn't mix up versions like I suspected above, I
have no idea what goes wrong, and you can't keep coming back to the
mailing list with every single Python error. Doing this "the hard way"
yourself will have a lot of benefits for you: You will be faster overall
(because I'm pretty sure this is not the last python problem you'll
encounter), because you won't have to rely and wait on other people
reading your error messages, and simultaneously you'll develop the
skills necessary to write your own python code.

Best regards,
Marcus