Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio live USB. GRUB2 broken, how to fix it?

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio live USB. GRUB2 broken, how to fix it?
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 04:19:16 -0700

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 12:41 AM, Fernando Peral <address@hidden> wrote:

I Installed GNU Radio live on a usb stick and I was changing some
aspects of its configuration.

​What are you using to create the USB drive?​

I know hot to fix a normal grub2 installation, but as it is a grub2 on a
casper filesystem I don't know how to fix it.  Any help please?

​I expect you'll find it easiest to start over from scratch.

For reference, when we create the live USB drives for our classes​, we use Unetbootin, then replace the installed syslinux and grub configuration files with these:

These have the extraneous menu options removed and allow the user to choose between persistent and non-persistent modes.  The syslinux.cfg controls the boot options when booting in legacy BIOS mode, and the grub.cfg controls the boot options in UEFI boot mode.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Labs - SDR Training and Development Services